C & C were entrusted with the design, tendering, adjudication of contracts and supervision of the building Engineering Services required for the increasing of the data centre capabilities as well as improving existing levels of redundancy.
CSL is a Systems Integrator in Malta specializing in the following:
- Strategic Outsourcing
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- Private Cloud Services
- Cloud Computing/Hosted Exchange
- Data Centre & Colocation Services
- Hardware & Software Maintenance
- Business Continuity & Recovery Services (BC&RS)
The new build comprises two separate Data Centres, a Work Area Recovery (WAR) zone, a lecture hall and a meeting room.
The works involved a number of stages, with the first being the upgrading of the power network infrastructure redundancy to 2N. In order to accomplish this, a parallel power network was designed and implemented. This was carried out in close liaison with CSL engineers in order to ensure that there was no disruption to the power of the existing data center and hence interruptions to the services offered to their clients.
Once this was completed the power to the racks as well as the air conditioning units was connected to the two separate power streams for improved redundancy. This set up was implemented for both the existing data centre as well as the two new ones.
The new Data Centres are equipped with
- 3 close control air conditioning units in each space operating in an N +1 configuration.
- A power distribution system in a 2N configuration
- Argonite fire suppression system with associated detection measures (both conventional as well as high-efficiency smoke aspiration systems.
- Security measures including access control and full CCTV coverage.
The remaining spaces were equipped as a training centre and WAR facility. The climate control is via VRF technology operating on R410A refrigerant and the premises is also furnished with a forced fresh air installation.
Lighting has been carried out using LED’s throughout, with a combination of 600mm x 600mm panels as well as circular down lighters.